M got a few days leave in late October so the kids and I packed in the van and headed west for the 18 hour trip. I got some funny looks from those that I told about my insane travel plan, but it worked out okay considering. It's just a good thing I have a large bladder and they are still in diapers and take naps. Oh, and the ridiculous amount of money we spent on the in-car DVD system was worth every darn penny. Every penny.
We packed as much as we could in the 4 days that M was in town. We spent one night at the lake house, which resulted in some really cute pics since the leaves had changed. J'adore automne.
The last day of M's stay in town, we went to Hallzooween at the Zoo with Papaw and Grandma and cousin D. It was a great time and I'm hoping we can make it a Halloween tradition with the kids. Since the zoo now has beer, I'm sure I can at least get M and Papaw there each year.
It was the first time in 6 months that we were all together as family (minus the dogs) and that M was at the house. Just being in my house with my husband and our kids, is not something that I ever thought would feel amazing, but it absolutely did. If anything, this experience has made me really appreciate what I have taken as a given. While I desperately was this year to be over, I do hope that this appreciation of simple togetherness sticks with me for much longer.







No comments:
Post a Comment