Nov 11, 2009

J and C's Early Birthday Party


We were back home in early August and had an early birthday party for the boys. Before everyone came to the house, we went to Swings N' Things had a great time playing on the swing sets and trampoline. C is really into Star Wars right now so the helmet from Aunt B and several different versions of light sabers were huge hits.  I think J liked ripping through the paper more than the actual presents, but he got many cute Curious George items.

Having shared many birthday cakes as a kid, I was not thrilled about doing one cake for the boys but it was egregiously more expensive to do two with the decorating that I wanted for them. The cake was busy, but cute and they didn't seem to mind.  J ate the cake with such enthusiasm that he needed a shower after eating it.  The birthday boy, however, was none too keen on removing his birthday hat.  This required that he get a shower with the hat.  Nothing like getting your birthday picture in your birthday suit.  It made for cute pics at least.


No comments: