Nov 11, 2009

J and the Foot Powder

Having seen the struggle P had with getting CC out of the family bed, I emphatically swore we would never, ever have the kids sleep with us.  Well, you know what happens to your defiant parenting declarations once you actually have kids - most go very quickly out the nearest window.  After M was deployed, I gave in and had J sleep with me since he wasn't sleeping through the night and V was up every few hours.  I decided almost immediately that making middle of the night runs downstairs for a toddler when I had a newborn nursing every few hours was not in the best interest of my sanity or the kids' survival.

On a recent night after having tucked J into the bed upstairs, I needed to go downstairs and grab something.  I was gone no more than 1 minute.  One measly minute.  In that tiny amount of time, J was able to go to the closet and unleash a blizzard of foot powder, which I stupidly thought was out of his amazing reach.  It looked like the entire closet had been dusted like a powdered donut.  The little devil was very pleased with himself and was jumping up and down and squeeling like an albino pig.  It wasn't fun to clean up but it was one of those moments where you have to laugh or you were going to cry. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but I don't think there is a white powdery cloud setting that could have captured it.

No comments: