The kids and I headed back to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Papaw and Grandma took V on the plane with them (they rock), while J and I did the exciting drive west. Our hotel in Kansas City had an indoor water park and J got to burn off a lot of his pent up energy. M flew out, too, so it was so nice to have so much of the family together for the holiday.
The weather was fabulous and we were able to get in some shopping in Manitou Springs on the day before Thanksgiving. Grandma and I both loved the lunch at Adam's Mountain Cafe, but Papaw, of course, was none too thrilled with the organic entrees.
The weather was fabulous and we were able to get in some shopping in Manitou Springs on the day before Thanksgiving. Grandma and I both loved the lunch at Adam's Mountain Cafe, but Papaw, of course, was none too thrilled with the organic entrees.
E made a great dinner and Papaw only complained a little about the pizza oven turkey (notice a theme here?). J was such a big fan that he shoveled it in with both hands.
We packed a lot of fun family time into our days together. I bought P and the family a Wii as a thank you gift for having us all these months. It was a hoot to play the video bowling especially with the comical mii personalities we created. And a hilarious game of Pretty Pretty Princess was photo worthy. Papaw makes such an elegant Princess.
The whole clan headed out for some miniature golf the day after Thanksgiving. J actually seemed to get the idea of golfing except that he wanted to pick up everyone's in-play balls and deposit them in the holes for them. Such a helper, that one.
The whole clan headed out for some miniature golf the day after Thanksgiving. J actually seemed to get the idea of golfing except that he wanted to pick up everyone's in-play balls and deposit them in the holes for them. Such a helper, that one.
As you typically do at Thanksgiving, I reflected a lot about what I am thankful for. While this is probably one of the hardest years I've ever experienced, I have more to be grateful for than ever. The arrival of V in our family and watching J grow into have been amazing. I miss M and C and our day-to-day so much, but this will be over soon and I'm very excited for 2010.
M and I were even able to fit in a date night thanks to P watching the kids. She has been the savior of my sanity these past months. Before taking M to the airport, we had a nice outing to the Denver Museum of Science and Nature. They had several neat exhibits and a pretty nice children's area. We all got a kick out of the fan table and the funny mirrors.
It was sad to see M leave, but it wasn't as bad as recent departures since we had just seen him in October and we'd all be together again in a month for Christmas. The end is in sight! Yahoo!
M and I were even able to fit in a date night thanks to P watching the kids. She has been the savior of my sanity these past months. Before taking M to the airport, we had a nice outing to the Denver Museum of Science and Nature. They had several neat exhibits and a pretty nice children's area. We all got a kick out of the fan table and the funny mirrors.
It was sad to see M leave, but it wasn't as bad as recent departures since we had just seen him in October and we'd all be together again in a month for Christmas. The end is in sight! Yahoo!








No comments:
Post a Comment