This story will probably be told for the rest of J's life, so I wanted to make sure we documented this one appropriately here.
M and I have been working on several little projects around the house. A few weekends ago, I was finishing up spray painting one such project and thought that I could leave the can out in between coats because the kids' didn't have access to be backyard. Well, that was a big mistake. J slipped out as I was coming in the house and M was going out to work on another project. The kid was unaccounted for no more than 2 minutes. This is what M found when he got outside.
Yes, that is black spray paint down the side of our house - our cream-colored house. M attempted to remove it with Goo Gone with no luck. Unfortunately, he also under-estimated J's monkey-like climbing abilities and left the Goo Gone on what seemed like a high enough spot in the kitchen. Yeah, not quite high enough. Within about 30 seconds, J sprayed it generously over the entire kitchen and even convinced V to join in the fun. I came running in as soon as I realized that he had the Goo Gone. Well, Goo Gone is oil-based and, thus, quite slick when coated on wood floors. My feet were out from under me and I landed flat on my back on the oily hard floor.
We were off to showers to degrease and M was left to clean up and research the toxic effects of Goo Gone on skin. Thankfully, it's fairly harmless stuff as those things go. We also lucked out that we had some left over siding from the attic remodel. M got to spend the better part of the day replacing the painted pieces and I got to watch J like a hawk, waiting for the next Dennis moment.
Our little "artist" sure keeps us on our toes (or back in this case).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment