It's over. I can't believe it, but it's over. The year from hell is now in our past.
M was able to get released two weeks early and surprised me by showing up on the front porch with no warning. He just called and asked me what was for dinner and why J wasn't wearing a bib with what he was eating. Naturally, I nearly jumped out of my skin with shock and excitement as I ran to the front door and confirmed that he was home for good.
My thoughts had been so focused on the countdown and suddenly it was no more. 14 days to zero, just like that. I still can barely believe it and feel almost light headed with the weight that has been lifted off of my tired shoulders. Jake has adjusted well and Vivi is slowly warming up to M. His dirty socks stewn about and the toilet seats all up at attention make me smile. My husband is home. Home. We get to be a "normal" family again. It is an amazing feeling and I'm so excited for the future. Big exhale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment