Right now, I'm sitting on the couch listening to Christmas music and drinking a glass of wine after having just returned from the Christmas grocery shopping. Everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet except for the music. Thinking about how the kids' will light up when they see their presents Christmas morning has me giddy. I can barely contain myself, I'm so excited. I think part of my excitement, though, is the appreciation for how lucky they are to have so much.
Our life is amazing right now. I understand, now more than ever, how utterly and completely lucky I am to have all that I do. Beautiful, healthy, smart, loving children who think that I am the center of the world (for now). A husband who lets me sleep in while he attends to our poor sleepers and is more than I could ever ask for in a partner. A good job at a good company with good people. Fabulous friends that forgive my inability to connect as often as I should. A warm and comfortable home in a safe neighborhood. And the list goes on and on.
We are so incredibly fortunate and I know so many are not, right now. The forever guilt-ridden part of me feels a little guilty about how wonderful life is right now, but I'm trying really hard to just enjoy it. I would never say we "deserve" anything, but I so appreciate it. I am thinking about those that are struggling this Christmas, especially Marc's uncle who is battling cancer, my sister who it seems will never get it together, my father who never gives up hope for my sister, and my dear friend whose husband is deployed. All I really want for Christmas is health, wisdom, and patience for them and me (who couldn't need more of those three).
Thank you, universe. It's been a good 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment