Oct 10, 2009

Only 4 more months...4 more

Only 4 more months until we get our life back. I just keep repeating that - only 4 more months - as if it were a chant.  The last 8 months have been a chaotic roller coaster of a lot of lows and somehow a few highs.  The death of my brother and M's deployment both so soon after having V left me more shell shocked than I could imagine.  I'm in a much better place now, but am anxious to get back to some real normalcy.  We're in a routine out in Colorado, but without M, C, the dogs, and our house, it just isn't the same.  I'm so grateful to P and her family for letting us shack up here, though.  They have been wonderful with everything from dog vomit to baby vomit and a heck of a lot of Jake messes in between.

Oh well, at least the kids won't remember this time and M is not in either of the sandboxes.  It's all about perspective.  I miss you and am proud of you, honey.

No comments: